Print dialog does not appear in Outlook Express or Internet Explorer
Today I get a call.
Outlook Express won’t print.
I log in and take a look. Everything seems normal, and normal documents appear to print.
However, when I click the print button or go to File > Print nothing happens. Strange.
They are running Windows XP Professional SP2, with IE6.
All you have to do is go to Start > Run and issue the following commands:
Once this is done, restart Outlook Express/Internet Explorer, and go ahead and print.
This isn’t the first time i’ve seen this issue, so I thought I’d note it down for next time.
- How to Print to a Text File Device Manager does not have a Save command available for...
- How to Minimize Microsoft Office Outlook to the System Tray Open your registry and find or create the key below....
- How to restart the explorer shell in Windows XP If you have landed yourself here chances are you already...
- Exporting emails with the dates from Microsoft Outlook The Problem: By default when you try and export emails...
- My AVI files crash explorer.exe Often when I am browsing files using explorer I will...
February 8, 2009 @ 3:34 am
thanks a million. your suggestions regarding fixing “print dialog not appearing in OE or IE” really worked like magic.
Thor West said,
July 22, 2009 @ 10:02 pm
I’ve tried a dozen things to make my Outlook Express print e-mails, including your suggestion of regsvr32 vbscript.dll and the jscript one. Nothing has cured the problem.Could it be an incompatibility with Mozilla Firefox?
January 25, 2010 @ 4:52 pm
get an error on regsvr32.dll, but jscript.dll was successfull.